Be Pinked 21-Day Challenge Recipes
Start your day right!
Spiced Quinoa Breakfast Porridge Recipe from California Health & Longevity’s cookbook: The Wellness Kitchen, by Paulette Lambert
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed well under cold water
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 teaspoon stevia
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons dried currants, raisins, or blueberries
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat , add the quinoa. Stir until fragrant, about 2-4 minutes.
- Stir in the milk, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the quinoa is tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sweetener and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white with 1 tablespoon of the hot quinoa. Continue adding quinoa 1 tablespoon at a time (up to 5 additional tablespoons) until the egg white is entirely worked in. Add back to the saucepan.
- Stir in dried fruit. Cook over medium-low heat until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Add turmeric into something you eat today! Maybe in a juice, in roasted veggies, or in rice!
Add Cayenne into something you eat today! Maybe in your eggs, in hummus, or in a salad dressing!
Substitute a plant based protein for red meat!
Roasted carrot and Quinoa Salad from The Wellness Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Organic canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 4 carrots, halved and then cut lengthwise into quarters, then each quarter cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Spice Mix divided
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups organic, reduced sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces mixed greens
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts, measured then toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In small bowl, combine all spice mix ingredients. Set aside.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine carrots, red onion, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon spice mix. Spread vegetables in a single layer on baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- In medium saucepan, combine quinoa, 2 tablespoons spice mix, and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 15-17 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- In large bowl, whisk remaining olive oil with 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add mixed greens and toss to coat just before serving.
- In a separate large bowl, combine remaining lemon juice, lemon zest, Dijon mustard, and remaining spice mix. Stir in the quinoa, roasted vegetables, walnuts, cranberries, and parsley.
- To serve, arrange mixed greens on large platter and serve quinoa salad over top. Garnish with crumbled feta, if desired.
Tropical Turmeric Smoothie from Healthy smoothie Headquarters
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 fresh or frozen medium banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- A dash of sea salt
- A little honey, maple syrup or stevia to sweeten
- 1 tablespoon chia seed or chia seed gel
- ¼ avocado
- ½ cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon coconut shreds/flakes
- ½ tablespoon maca
Place all the ingredients into your blender and blend for about 30-45 seconds or until nice and smooth. You may want to drizzle coconut oil on after then blend for 5-10 seconds to avoid clumping.